A powerful nose of cooked red fruits and spices leads to a well-developed, full palate with blackcurrant and blueberry aromas and toasted notes.
A long finish with velvety tannins and a touch of black pepper.
- Terroir « Le Coteau » : Limestone clay soils on steep south facing hillsides close to the village, offering perfect maturing conditions.
- Average age of vines : 80 ans.
Average yield : 30 hl/ha.
Annual production : 6 600 bottles.
Superficie du Clos : 3 hectares
- Grenache : 50 % - Mourvèdre : 50 %
- Hand-picked with rigorous sorting. Destemming with cold maceration, cap punching and vatting for 20 to 30 days. Matured for 15 months in new barrels with malolactic fer- mentation and stirring of the lees.
- Ageing potential 10 years. Best served between 16 et 18° C.